Chef Robert Ash
As Executive Chef of the historic Pfister Hotel in Milwaukee, Robert Ash has become synonymous with downtown dining. Overseeing The Pfister’s array of historic restaurants and lounges including Café at The Pfister, Blu and The Rouge, Ash has more than a decade of culinary experience that also includes Executive Chef positions at InterContinental Milwaukee hotel and acclaimed restaurant Kil@wat.
- 6 5oz wild salmon filets
- 2lbs of fresh baby spinach
- ¼ cup fresh bacon bits
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- ¼ cup toasted pecan halves
- 6 each hard boiled eggs (quartered)
- ½ cup warm bacon dressing, sea salt, and fresh cracked black pepper
- Season the salmon filets and grill until desired temperature is acquired, remove and hold warm or chill.
- In a stainless steel mixing bowl combine the baby spinach, bacon bits, cherry tomatoes, toasted pecans and the dressing gently toss until all ingredients are coated evenly.
- Place the salad on a serving vessel of choice. Place the salmon on top and the quartered hard boiled egg around the salad.
Bacon Dressing Ingredients
- 2.5 cup vegetable oil
- 2 oz granulated sugar
- 1.25 cup sherry vinaigrette
- 2.5 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 oz fresh shallots (minced), sea salt, freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 lb fresh bacon (chopped)
- In a sauté pan cook bacon until crispy, add minced shallots and cook until soft.
- Deglaze the pan with the vinegar.
- Add the mustard and the granulated sugar.
- Take off the heat and slowly incorporate the vegetable oil.
- Adjust the seasoning.
- Slowly reheat as needed, do not get too hot.