Chef Robert Ash
As Executive Chef of the historic Pfister Hotel in Milwaukee, Robert Ash has become synonymous with downtown dining. Overseeing The Pfister’s array of historic restaurants and lounges including Café at The Pfister, Blu and The Rouge, Ash has more than a decade of culinary experience that also includes Executive Chef positions at InterContinental Milwaukee hotel and acclaimed restaurant Kil@wat.
- 20 pieces pitted medjool dates
- 20 pieces of smoked bacon strips
- Stuff each date with the almond cheese and wrap with one slice of bacon and secure with a plain toothpick.
- Bake in a 375F oven for 10- 15 minutes until bacon is crispy.
- Place on top of a plate lined with roasted piquillo rouille.
Almond Cheese Ingredients
- 1 log of fresh goats cheese (room temp)
- ½ cup toasted slivered almonds
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- Fresh ground black pepper
- In a mixer with a paddle attachment combine the cheese, almonds, extract and parsley mix until just combined and season with fresh ground black pepper.
Roasted Piquillo Rouille Ingredients
- 4-5 pcs roasted piquillo pepper
- ½ cup sherry wine vinegar
- 1 bunch fresh thyme
- 1 ½ cup olive oil
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients except the olive oil into a bar blender and puree then slowly add the olive oil in a steady stream.
- Mix until thoroughly incorporated.