Chef Robert Ash
As Executive Chef of the historic Pfister Hotel in Milwaukee, Robert Ash has become synonymous with downtown dining. Overseeing The Pfister’s array of historic restaurants and lounges including Café at The Pfister, Blu and The Rouge, Ash has more than a decade of culinary experience that also includes Executive Chef positions at InterContinental Milwaukee hotel and acclaimed restaurant Kil@wat.
Banana's Fosters Sauce, Cinnamon Whipped Cream, Pecans
- 1 loaf Sliced Brioche Bread
- 1 recipe Egg Nog Dipping Batter
- 1 recipe Cinnamon Whipped Cream
- 1 cup Toasted or Candied Pecans
- 1 recipe banana's Fosters Sauce
- TT unsalted butter
- • Heat a sauté pan and place 2 tbsp of unsalted butter into the pan, dip the sliced brioche bread into the batter and place into the pan. Cook until golden brown on each side.
- When cooked slice into logs and place onto the plate. Top with the fosters sauce, whipped cream and candied pecans
Egg Nog Dipping Batter Ingredients
- 8 whole eggs
- 1 cup egg nog
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp brandy
- Crack eggs and place into a stainless steel mixing bowl, light beat and then add the egg nog and the remaining liquids. Reserve until needed.
Banana's Fosters Sauce Ingredients
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup dark rum (Meyers brand works good)
- 2 cups diced banana's
- Place butter into a sauce pan and melt, add brown sugar and mix until lightly caramelized, deglaze with rum and then add banana's and cook for one minute.
Cinnamon Cream Ingredients
- ½ qt heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Combine all of the ingredients into a mixing bowl and whisk until desired consistency is reached.