Chef Robert Ash
As Executive Chef of the historic Pfister Hotel in Milwaukee, Robert Ash has become synonymous with downtown dining. Overseeing The Pfister’s array of historic restaurants and lounges including Café at The Pfister, Blu and The Rouge, Ash has more than a decade of culinary experience that also includes Executive Chef positions at InterContinental Milwaukee hotel and acclaimed restaurant Kil@wat.
albacore tuna, piquillo pepper, watercress pesto
- 4 cans albacore tuna
- 1 sm white onion, diced small
- 2 stalk celery, diced small
- 1 each lemons freshly squeezed
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- TT Kosher salt
- TT Fresh ground black pepper
- 4-6 pc whole roasted piquillo peppers
- 2 tbsp non-pariels (capers)
- 1 bunch watercress
- 6 cloves fresh garlic
- lemon flavored olive oil
- Drain tuna and in a non-reactive stainless steel mixing bowl combine the tuna, celery, onion, lemon juice, capers, parsley, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stuff tuna mixture into the roasted piquillo pepper and reserve.
- Thinly slice the fresh garlic cloves and in about ¼ cup of vegetable oil fry the garlic until crispy, place onto a paper towel lined plate to dry.
- Clean the watercress and toss with lemon oil and toasted garlic season with salt and pepper, to be used as a side garnish.
- 4 oz Watercress lettuce
- 1 clove fresh garlic
- 1 tsp grated parmesan
- 1 ½ tbsp toasted pine nuts
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- TT kosher salt
- TT Freshly grated black pepper
- Clean and roughly chop watercress.
- Place all ingredients into a food processor minus the olive oil and pulse to incorporate.
- Slowly add the olive oil in a steady stream until well incorporated.