Please provide a link to two written professional references from the regional art community supporting your application.
Submit 10 examples of your work. Items should be sized appropriately so that they can be easily printed on an 8.5” x 11” sheet of paper for the panel's review. Number one should be your favorite piece that would be used most often if you are selected as a finalist
Deadline for applications is Monday, December 2, 2019 at 11:59pm.
Questions or concerns:
For All Finalists
- Finalists will receive a phone call. Non-finalists will receive an e-mail.
- For the Finalist Exhibit, 3D art of any kind is not allowed.
- Move-in dates will be 12-5PM on Gallery Night, January 17th, 2020. Artists must plan to install work themselves and provide cards for their pieces. Presence is strongly recommended at the Gallery Night Reception from 5pm-9pm.
- Presence is mandatory at an in-person weekday interview with the Artist-in-Residence Committee in mid-February (usually prior to Valentine’s Day).
For the Selected Artist-In-Residence
- The selected Artist-in-Residence is required to spend a minimum of 30 hours a week in studio, or on-site at The Pfister over a minimum of four (4)
days per week.
- The selected artist will be expected to work closely and collaborate with hotel’s executive management and marketing teams to plan events throughout
- The selected artist will be required to develop programming around the four community Gallery Nights that fall during their residency, and should
consider what that programming will entail. Past artists have hosted storytelling events, live painting sessions and fashion shows.
- The selected artist will create and gift a Legacy Piece to The Pfister Hotel. Although you are not expected to have a concept in mind during the
application process, it is important to start considering your legacy as Artist-in-Residence. The Legacy Piece will be displayed in the hotel.